Website St. Joseph Catholic School
Welcome to St. Joseph Catholic School (SJCS) – we’re glad you’re thinking about joining our team!
SJCS is a Catholic Pre-K through 5th grade elementary school where, beyond academics, we teach respect, integrity, responsibility, leadership, service and kindness. While we’re a Catholic school, we welcome faculty, staff, students and families of all faith backgrounds. You will work in an environment where children are eager to learn and parents see themselves as partners in their child’s education. At SJCS, your colleagues all share your values of educating and nurturing each student to become the best version of themselves that they can be. It’s not just about academics. It’s about developing the whole self; their character, confidence, potential, God-given talents and faith.
We are confident you will love it here!
To deliver an academically excellent, Catholic education that develops the whole person and inspires a Christ-centered life in a global community.
Our Core Values:
- Care Deeply
- Share Generously
- Serve Willingly
- Speak Kindly
SJCS creates and nurtures an environment which supports students, educators, and community in realizing their God-given gifts, reaching their full potential, and developing their life-long relationship with Christ.
The lead cook / hot lunch program manager takes responsibility for the efficient operation of the school lunch program so as to provide the students with attractive, nutritious and varied lunches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of cooking and baking techniques, food storage, and preparation.
- Basic knowledge of food nutrition for children.
- Knowledge of sterilization requirements.
- Requires purchasing food and supplies, managing inventory, and maintaining a strong cost management environment.
- Preparing menus according to the Federal Child Nutrition guidelines.
- Knowledgeable of County, State, Federal Regulations
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Cleaning the kitchen area.
- Working with and supervising volunteers, maintaining records, and working with vendors.
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Food Service Management: (Preferred)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
**Note – Current head cook will assist in training newly hired head cook through October 2021.
Send a letter of interest, resume, and letters of recommendation to:
Karl Terhaar, Principal
Emily Delano, HR Coordinator
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org